I want to welcome everyone to another fun filled 4th of July celebration. I will also be sending some information on some very important rules to know each month.
We want everyone to have fun and more importantly be safe this weekend. Please know that holiday weekends are among the busiest traffic on the water and everyone needs to make safety priority one. We want to keep our membership above 175 and need you to do your part. To ensure we are helping to keep everyone safe I want to send a reminder of some club rules and etiquette that everyone should be aware of. We are a member owned club and each have a moral and legal obligation to ensure the club is a safe environment for everyone to enjoy. One important step in the safety of the club and for everyone involved is, “if you see something, say something”. Some may have a tendency to over indulge, step in if needed or find someone who will.
- · Please make sure you are responsible for your friends and family that may be joining you as a guest this weekend. If they are your guests, they are your responsibility.
- · There will be more than 150 people enjoying the club facilities, grounds, and pool each day this weekend. Please be mindful of the space you are occupying at the pool or downstairs patio. Be sure to clean up after yourself and don’t leave any space dirty or cluttered and then leave to go out on the water for hours. Your belongings could end up in a pile on the grass.
- · There is absolutely NO FIREWORKS ALLOWED ON CORE PROPERTY or any part of the DCYC grounds.
- · As a reminder, please double check that you have all required safety equipment on your vessel before heading out on the water. The TPW will be out in full force and are known to do safety checks throughout the weekend. We don’t want anyone ending up on “Lone Star Law”.
- · Please do not tie off to any of the high water cross docks at any time. They are not designed for this and are unstable and could result in personal injury or damage to the dock which you will be financially responsible for.
Some other very important rules to be aware of for this weekend and every day while enjoying the club
2. Smoking is not permitted inside the Clubhouse at any time.
3. Proper attire must be worn on the second floor level. All bathers and persons attired in wet clothing are not allowed in the clubhouse, except that they may enter the downstairs restrooms through the outside restroom door.
4. No one is allowed on the roof. Children are not allowed on the second floor unless supervised by someone eighteen years or older.
5. The kitchen is for use by the membership with approval of the House Committee. It shall be the responsibility of all of the membership utilizing the kitchen to leave same in clean and sanitary condition. (Contact Chef Dave If you have issues lighting the oven) “It lights the same as a water heater would at home”. You do need to light the pilots on the burners first though.
7. No animals or pets are allowed in the Clubhouse.
1. Swimming is allowed in swimsuits only.
2. Children under 14 years of age are not allowed in the pool unless supervised by an adult or lifeguard. 3. Glass containers are not allowed around pool or patio area. You will be asked to leave
4. Pets are not allowed in pool or around pool area.
5. All diapered babies must wear swim diapers.
6. Smoking is never permitted within the fenced area of the pool. This includes vapes and Cigars
7. Please clean up after yourself, leave it like you found it so that everyone can enjoy.
Most importantly, don’t forget your sunscreen and to stay hydrated. I want to thank you each of you again for choosing to join our DCYC family and commend you for doing your part to keep everyone safe. We still have four months of great weather and sailing ahead of us this year.
If you would like to host an event for the club or learn about what it involved in that process, please contact Michele Ditmer
Your Commodore for 2021