Notice of Race (click here)
Sailing Instructions(click here)
Course Types (click here)
Friday, OCTOBER 29th
Saturday, October 30th
Sunday, OCTOBER 31st
No race will start after 1330 hrs. Trophy and awards presentation on the ground floor of the Club will follow the end of Sunday’s races.
Al Schlitz Beer Can Regatta
The idea is to build 12 ‘liter’ racing yachts which will be raced in the swimming pool. Each yacht is to be constructed to the specifications below:
1. Hulls must be constructed of beer or soda cans only.
2. You may use up to twelve (12) twelve oz. cans for the hull.
3. Outriggers are considered part of the hull.
4. There are no restrictions to the hull size or configuration; see #2
5. There are no restrictions on the size or shape of the sail plan.
6. There are no restrictions on the size, shape, or materials for the keels and rudders.
7. Boats must be powered only by sails affixed to the mast mounted on the hull.
8. No helium or other lighter than air gases can be used in construction.
9. Determination of compliance with these rules is subject to the sole discretion of the regatta organizers.
Copyright 2019 / Dallas Corinthian Yacht Club (DCYC) / 1399 Yacht Club Rd. Oak Point, TX 75068 / View Google Map
Website by Merge Creative Inc.