J24 Fleet 163 is inviting anyone new or seasoned to attend our crew training program. This event is open to members and non-members. The goal is to take someone excited about sailing and train them on every position of the J24. Once you master the position you want, you will learn another position until it is mastered as well. The idea is that you perform every position on the boat so you learn how the boat operates as a team and how each member of the team interacts with your position. We will be training on Sundays at 2PM to 7PM until the end of year. The J24 is a fun group of people who know how to have a great time and are serious about racing. Learning a crew position is the best way to learn how to sail as well.
- How to rig a J24 for Jib, Main, and Spinnaker
- Learn a key position (foredeck, mast/middle, spinnaker trimmer, Jib trimmer, and skipper)
- Master all positions
- Start learning to read wind on water
- Learn key details regarding wind, waves, and fleet management
- Tacks, Gybes, Douses, Sets, Starts, and finishes
- Advanced sail trim for main, jib, and spinnaker
- Rig tuning
- Boat maintenance
If you are interested in furthering or starting a sailing career, this is the class for you. Text in advance of each class stating you will be coming or not before each Sunday.