4th of July at DCYC Update
Due to the growing Covid-19 cases in North Texas –
We will NOT be hosting a 4th of July Event this year.
The health and well-being of our members and visitors is imperative.
Grounds are open, if visiting please keep the 6’ distancing as required. Please review mask requirements as outlined by our Fleet Surgeon, Eve Sheppard.
The Clubhouse will be closed with restroom access only
(max. 3 occupants per restroom at a time).
As always, members are allowed to host a MAXIMUM of 10 guests!
No Fireworks allowed on Club grounds.
Pets are welcome but must be on a leash and watched carefully. Bring your own scoop.
All kids under 12 must wear a life vest on the docks and encouraged when water side.
If you’re boating in the evening please make sure all navigation lights are working and
you have sufficient life jackets on board for all your guest. The lake will be extremely
busy and we encourage you wear a life vest.
Be sure to clean up and take home what you brought. PLEASE take your trash to the
dumpster behind the burgee flag.
Thank you all for your understanding and we look forward to a future of events and fun – Covid free.
Dear DCYC Members,
Recently we have seen a concerning surge of new COVID-19 cases in Denton County and the DFW Metroplex. Since we will be dealing with the virus for the foreseeable future, each of us must do our part to slow the outbreak.
Being on the premises of DCYC is optional and those who have health concerns or are considered at high risk for COVID-19 should chose to stay away until all cause for concern has past. While DCYC has carefully planned and considered the potential health risks there is no way all risk for transmission of the virus can be mitigated.
Please follow these guidelines while at DCYC
1. Do not use the clubhouse until further notice
2. Any time individuals use the club restrooms they should don a mask or other face covering and maintain social distancing (6 feet).
3. There is minimal risk of virus transmission while outside. Members may use the patio and deck as well as the grounds. Please maintain social distancing (6 feet).
4. Hand sanitizer has been placed around the club. Sanitize your hand frequently and always before touching your face, nose or mouth.
5. The ice machine is available for members. Use the hand sanitizer placed next to the ice scoops before touching them. Be considerate of others – wear a face covering or mask while getting ice.
DCYC will continue to monitor the situation and comply with all orders and guidance from Public Health and Government entities.
Eve Sheppard, MSN, RN, CCM, CIC
DCYC Fleet Co-Surgeon