We need to develop a team of members who can help run Series races at the DCYC. We need your help! If you'd like to get more involved in sailboat racing and get on the water, this is a good way to help out.
Bob Johnson will be conducting a 90-minute session on Saturday, March 1, starting at 9:30 AM to review the basics of running races. A light breakfast will be available at 9:00 AM.
The "textbook" will be the the Race Committee (RC) notebook that contains basic information you'll need to run a weekend series race.
Material to be covered will include:
1. Pre-Race & On-the-Water Checklists
2. Starting the Committee Boat
3. DCYC Mark Location Table
4. Course Diagrams & the Course Board
5. Start Sequence & Flags
6. Setting a Start Line
7. Starting, Monitoring and Finishing a Race
8. When to Abandon a Race
9. Using the Regatta Pro-Start Horn
10. Using the Weather Go/No Go Calculator
11. Marks, Anchors & Anchor Lines
12. Using the NOR, Sailing Instructions & Notice Board
Copies of the RC notebook contents will be provided to attendees.